July 13, 2005

3 days in Portugal ...


Palacio Freixo, Porto
Originally uploaded by akbandara.
Well, I have had the somewhat dubious experience of being a tee-totaller in the Port Wine capital of the world - Porto, Portugal!

Arrived here on Sunday for a conference organised by HP. It has been good fun, with the chance to meet lots of other researchers from both HP and other universities. I presented some of my work as a poster yesterday, which went quite well. There have been a number of excellent social events as well, although the repeated late nights and early starts have been a bit of a drag.

On the PhD front, the trip has been quite productive - I have fixed some of the performance problems with my tool and managed to go through the corrections to my thesis with my supervisor. There are still a number of things I need to address, but I don't expect it will take more than a week or so to get done.

You can find all the pictures from my trip here

No comments: