September 07, 2006

Laugh of the week ...

An old university buddy sent me a link to a webpage containing the text of a commencement address given to Yale students by Oracle CEO Larry Ellison:

Although the story is a satirical spoof and it is pretty old, I hadn't come across it before and it definitely makes for some hilarious reading. Especially the bit where Ellison 'tells' the new graduates:
"Now, consider this: five years from now, 10 years from now, even 30 thirty years from now, odds are the person on your left is going to be a loser. The person on your right, meanwhile, will also be a loser. And you, in the middle? What can you expect? Loser. Loserhood. Loser Cum Laude.

In fact, as I look out before me today, I don't see a thousand hopes for a bright tomorrow. I don't see a thousand future leaders in a thousand industries. I see a thousand losers."

LoL - The full article is definitely worth a read :-)

No comments: