June 11, 2005

Help is on its way!

As I am in the final two weeks of intense activity to get my thesis completed, I not too keen on taking time out for those domestic necessities of cleanig the hourse and cooking food etc. So, it is great news that my mother is coming down to stay with me for a couple of weeks to take care of all these requirements! The really touching thing is that I didn't even have to ask her for help - my parents decided that they wanted to do this on their own initiative, and I have to say it is *really* appreciated. Whilst it is unlikely I would have starved, or been buried under piles of dirty laundry, or anything even remotely similar, having Ammi around is going to really improve my QoL (Quality of Life!) in these last two weeks of frenetic writing :-)

The other good news today is that my cousin Aruni (who lives in Bermuda) just gave birth to a baby girl. My newest niece was born yesterday morning and I am glad to say that both mother and baby are doing great.

Today is the celebration of the Queen's official birthday, so London is a bit of a mess with roads closed off for the parades etc. If I had a little more time on my hands I would have liked to go along myself and try and get some pictures, but this is going to have to wait until next year.

Oh well, I should get back to work now. Just popped into the office to get the power pack for my laptop before heading to the coach station to meet my parents. Then back home, and back to work!

No comments: