June 22, 2005

Another one bites the dust ...

Phew, just finished writing another chapter of my thesis - only another 5 more to get done!

The situation isn't as bad as it sounds though since I have already written a fair bit of the remaining chapters. For example, Chapters 4 and 5 just need some corrections and a pass through expanding each section with a little more detail. At most this should take 2 days to get completed. Similarly, the bulk of the content for chapters 6 and 7 have been written. Just have to go through and clean it up. I don't expect to need more than 3 days for this. Finally I need to write out the final conclusions chapter - add another day, and in total the end of my thesis is just 6 days away!

I hope my supervisors are happy with the two revised chapters (2 & 3) that I sent them today. I think I have addressed the bulk of their concerns, particularly with respect to methodically explaining each aspect of my work. These two chapters have expanded from a combined length of 30 pages to a whopping 60 pages now! Which should account for about 1/2 my thesis.

OK, time to go home and have a break. Chapter 4 beckons ...

No comments: