June 04, 2005

P(ermanent) h(ead) D(amage) ...

P(ermanent) h(ead) D(amage) ... aaagh! Who said PhDs are fun?!?! This writing thing is one of the most soul-crushing experiences of my life. OK, I realise nobody will really relish the thought of sitting at a desk for days on end trying to write about stuff they've been doing over the past 3 years - but I am getting close to the end of my tether! Just got back another bunch of corrections from my supervisor and have major additions to put into the two chapters I finished last week. My supervisor thinks that the end is in sight - but he must have better eyesight than me!:-)

Oh well, enough ranting about it. Just have to get heads downs and plough through this... it is not an insurmountable obstacle, but rather one of those experiences when you climb half-way up a peak and realise that 2/3rds of the mountain's height was hidden from you until that point!

Off to Stockholm on Sunday but I can see that I will have to spend as much time as possible on the writing up. Otherwise this will never get done.

1 comment:

Sven said...

Hope you had a good time in Stockholm, inspite of the weather.

What is your thesis about?